Monday, February 8, 2021

Momma Said...

 ...It is one of those days.  I am struggling to believe that I am headed in the direction God wants me to be headed.  In fact, all signs seem to be pointing towards the opposite direction.  

Run, Forrest, run!  

Today the words to those songs that I belt out when I'm alone in the car are not just an accompaniment to a good beat.  They are my medicine.  And the scriptures that I "Amen!" to during Sunday services are no longer just feel-good rhetoric.  They are my very life line.

I don't like these times, these times that squeeze out the tears, press in the pain, and weigh heavy with worry.  But as the song goes, 'Momma said there'd be days like this'.  Well Jesus said the same thing. too.

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

While writing this post I am working out my struggle through the word of God.  "These things" that Jesus said earlier in John 16 include the following:

Your sorrow will turn to joy

I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice

No one will take your joy from you

Ask and you will receive, that your joy may be full

The Father Himself loves you

Reading all these things gives me new perspective.  I am led to look beyond what is before me and look to Who is above me.  Praise God for the peace found in Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment