Monday, February 22, 2021

Lessons from the Snow Part II

 I am driving home on unplowed roads.  Not my comfort zone whatsoever.  Have you ever been driving in snow and you remain in a slow lane crammed with vehicles because you dare not breach the lane next to you lest you get stuck crossing over into it?  Okay, I think you're with me now.

So I'm in the "slow" lane and quite content to be there.  There is a car in front of me and I'm just following along behind barely even having to pay attention to the roads. All I have to do is follow behind in the lead car's tire tracks.  Then it happens.  He takes the next exit...leaving me in the lead.

This wouldn't be such a big deal under normal weather conditions.  I would speed up, set my cruise control, and sail through traffic.  But I certainly wasn't going to do that in the snow.  Suddenly I recognized that I was the pacesetter...and the track-leaver.  Cars were going to follow me and I had to pay attention in order to lead them well.

As is the life of a Christ-follower.  I am charged with setting the standard and staying the course that has been set by God's word.  Don't be fooled.  Just because a person isn't a Christian doesn't mean that they don't know what a Christian should and should not be doing.  My job is to pay attention to what God tells me to do and do it so that I can leave tracks of truth for His namesake.

No comments:

Post a Comment